Facetime Best Alternatives: We love to chat with our friends, family, and other relatives when we are away from them. Regular text messages have become boring and today in the market we have lot many video calling applications to download and use.
Among those, Facetime is one of the best and popular video calling application designed for Apple devices.
This got an overwhelming response from the users of this app and then the developers have introduced this app to Android and Windows operating systems. Even though some of the people are not aware of the download process of this app to Windows PC and Android but we have other best alternatives of FaceTime to our Windows PC.
The best alternatives for FaceTime to Windows PC are Skype, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Whatsapp Messenger. These are also not only the best alternative for video calling application FaceTime but also have some unique features.
Even you can use these video calling applications for free on your device as it does not need to pay any single penny. Now, let’s look into each of the video calling application in detail.
When it comes to video calls for office meetings or personal meetings, immediately Skype video calling app comes to our mind. This app was launched in the year 2003 and it is the world’s famous online conference and most likely video chat app.
You can use this app on all types of devices like Operating systems, Mac devices, IOS, Android, tablet, etc. You can use this app anywhere you’re in the world and you can contact anyone on your list.
You can set up a Skype app to your device very easily and it has a user-friendly interface. The main feature of this app is instant messaging service as you can send, receive messages, photos, videos, and files.
The other advantage is having desktop sharing as it has a mirror display and the users of Skype can remotely view another screen also. This app is more official for business purposes with different features offers for business with the addition of integration to Microsoft365.
Like many other applications, the Skype video calling app has its advantages and disadvantages. Below are the mentioned pros and cons. It is very important to know an application’s pros and cons before downloading it onto your device.
Pros of Skype:
- Skype is compatible with all types of devices like Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, IOS, and also can be used as a web app from a browser.
- Up to 50 people can able to do a video chat and most useful for business conferences.
- Instant messaging app as you can edit, delete the messages later.
Cons of Skype:
- It has weak policies in the field of security as it can reveal the content of communication to some people of authorities.
The latest trending video calling application is Zoom and over 300 million people have participated in Zoom video call meetings around the world. The best alternative for FaceTime is Zoom which offers different types of services.
You can make phone calls and video conferences with HD image quality and sound. You can invite many as you want by sharing with the people to click the link for participation.
Like many other applications, the Zoom app has its advantages and disadvantages. Below are the mentioned pros and cons. It is very important to know an application’s pros and cons before downloading it onto your device.
Pros of Zoom:
- This is a versatile app with great features and vulnerabilities are addressed very quickly.
- The operation of this app is very easy even for the new user also.
Cons of Zoom:
- The only negative of the app is its security or data protection.
The most popular social media application across the globe is Facebook and most people have this app on their smartphones. This app has regular updates with different offers every time to the users.
It allows us to chat not only in the form of text but also can make calls both audio and video. It has a setup to make a group chat at a time with 50 profiles. The disadvantage of this app like other video calling applications is its security of your data as each call is not encrypted by app default.
Like many other applications, the Facebook Messenger app has its advantages and disadvantages. Below are the mentioned pros and cons. It is very important to know an application’s pros and cons before downloading it onto your device.
Pros of Facebook Messenger:
- You can make calls easily with your Facebook account and you don’t need any other apps for video calling.
- Up to 50 group chats are allowed in this app.
Cons of Facebook Messenger:
- The security of your communication and data is not provided in this app and there is no automatic encryption.
- It is available for the desktop version of Facebook and Messenger versions for Android and IOS devices.
Whatsapp is another video calling application that can range like Facebook and the present owner is also Facebook. At initial stages, it was a text messaging app and later it turns to audio and video calling application.
Along with text messages and calls, you can also send and receive photos, videos, link sharing, voice messages, documents, etc. can also be sent with this app. This app is most suitable and famous for smartphones IOS, Android, and desktop versions like Mac and Windows.
We look into different many other video calling applications, like those apps the Whatsapp Messenger app has its advantages and disadvantages. Below are the mentioned pros and cons. It is very important to know an application’s pros and cons before downloading it onto your device.
Pros of Whatsapp:
- The Whatsapp has become the popular texting app as it has millions of downloads around the world.
- It has the possibility of extensive communication.
- This app has end-to-end encryption for your data of calls and text messages also.
Cons of Whatsapp:
- The reputation of Facebook and Whatsapp Messengers was criticized repeatedly regarding the data protection of the users.
- The video calling facility is allowed for limited people and slowly the number has been increasing with regular updates.